We have been wanting to write about the new marking standard introduce by the Ministry Of Education (MOE) for the longest time since we first heard it from one of our ex-student's parent, but decided to put it on hold until we truly understand the concept and have done all the researcher regarding it.
To our understanding, LINUS is an screening instrument to gauge the literature and numeracy ability of a child in accordance with the 4M standard (reading, writing, arithmetic, reasoning). Student will be grouped into respective class based on this screening result. Screening will normally take place prior the 1st day or school or within the 1st week of school. Student who do not do well will be placed into a rehab class or kelas pemulihan. For more information on LINUS, please click here, here and here .
Basically KSSR ( Kurikulum Standard Sekolah Rendah ) focuses on the new approach of teaching where it is not too text book dependent, a new standard of marking where student progress is not based on exams paper but also evaluated by assessment. KSSR will be implemented at all primary school effective 2012. To better understand what is KSSR and how it effect the education of your children, please click here and here.
We also like to share these link :
- Ujian Saringan Dan Diagnostik LINUS 1( pre std 1 exam sample question)
- Ujian Saringan Dan Diagnostik LINUS 2(pre std 1 exam sample question)
- Ujian Saringan Dan DIagnostik LINUS 3(pre std 1 exam sample question)
- Ujian Saringan dan Diagnostik LINUS 4 ( Mathematics )
- Ujian Saringan dan Diagnostik LINUS 5 (Bahasa Malaysia - Writting)
- Daily lesson plan sample KSSR
- Yearly lesson plan sample KSSR
- Feedback from parents and teacher regarding KSSR
- Standard marking/evaluation guide (all subject) KSSR
We hope the link mention above help in giving a better and clearer picture of LINUS and KSSR.